Pageant-Mania ARCHIVES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss World Sports fask track final - ICELAND won..¡¡¡¡

Go down

Miss World Sports fask track final - ICELAND won..¡¡¡¡ Empty Miss World Sports fask track final - ICELAND won..¡¡¡¡

Post  Admin Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:13 pm

Miss World Sports fask track final - ICELAND won..¡¡¡¡ All%20the%20rowers

And the six finalists were Greece, Israel, Iceland, Nigeria, Portugal & Peru .

Miss World Sports fask track final - ICELAND won..¡¡¡¡ 37801500

From MW website:

Miss World Sports fask track final - ICELAND won..¡¡¡¡ 37805886

Alexandra Helga Ivarsdottir, representing Iceland in the 2008 Miss World Festival, was today crowned Miss World sportswoman and received her trophy from Marc Batchelor, South Africa football striker, at Glenburn Lodge, Muldsersdrift.

Alexandra Helga Ivarsdottir, said: `I can`t believe I have won the Miss World Top Sportswoman, I am so excited and looking forward to the Final. I really enjoyed today, it was great fun but I was particularly impressed with our team boat building technique. We followed the instructions and concentrated on making it watertight, so I knew it would float.`

Nearly all of this year`s 112 (Note by Lucky: yes, they still don´t know how many girls are competing Smile) contestants spent the day taking part in a range of sporting activities. The contestants were split into four groups and competed in teams called the Ekurhuleni Buffalos, Jo`burg Leopards, Tshwane Rhinos and the Sedibeng Lions.

The sports activities started with each team building a boat made entirely from cardboard and plastic sheeting. Other activities included a 50-metre sprint, and cricket. Each contestant`s performance was individually recorded to identify the day`s best competitor and ultimately the Miss World Sportswoman 2008.

At the end of the day the top six contestants battled it out in front of the goal, each taking six penalty kicks. The group included Greece; Israel; Iceland; Nigeria; Portugal and Peru. But it was Iceland who impressed her contestants by scoring all six from the spot - it was this performance that clinched her the title, Miss World Sportswoman 2008.

Then six became three when the individual points were added together, they were; Alexandra Helga Ivarsdottir from Iceland in first place; Adaeze Chinenye Igwe representing Nigeria was runner-up and Andeia Rodrigues Condesso from Portugal was third.

Adaeze Chinenye Igwe from Nigeria, said: `There`s a lot of us been working hard in the gym, so I knew it would be tough. I tend to run on the treadmill and lift some weights, I love to run, that`s how I keep fit.

In addition each group member also received points for their team. The day`s award for the best team was presented to the Tshwane Rhinos.

Martha Fenech from Malta, said: `I`m proud of my team, the Tshwane Rhinos, if it hadn`t been for my talented team-mates and working together as a group we wouldn`t have triumphed as today`s best team.

As Sport is one this year`s Miss World Fast Track events, Iceland is now guaranteed a place in the Semi Final line-up in this year`s 58th Miss World at the Sandton Convention Centre, Johannesburg on Saturday 13 December.

Alexandra Helga Ivarsdottir, Iceland joins Espinoza Marroquin Anagabriela from Mexico who was crowned Miss World Beach Beauty, the first of the Fast Track events and the second Fast Track winner, Kseniya Sukhinova from Russia, who was voted as this year`s Miss World Top Model.

The winners from the remaining two fast track events - `Beauty With A Purpose` and Miss World Top Talent are still to be decided.

Admin
Admin

https://pageant-maniabox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down