Pageant-Mania ARCHIVES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARCO’S MISS WORLD LIST OF HONOR FOR 2008

Go down

MARCO’S MISS WORLD LIST OF HONOR FOR 2008 Empty MARCO’S MISS WORLD LIST OF HONOR FOR 2008

Post  Admin Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:42 pm

MARCO’S MISS WORLD LIST OF HONOR FOR 2008

[size=150]
I want Russia to win its second Miss World crown; for sure Ksenia will make perfect Miss World but I think Julia should give the crown to the ever beautiful Miss Mexico. This country has been deprived several times in this prestigious pageant, not to mention the great record that this country has shown us recently in the Miss World History. If Anagabby wins then Mexico will be hailed superpower in the pageant arena. Just side notes, we all know well that Mexico made the semis since 2004. Since Annagabby won the Beach Beauty that gives her right to place in the top 15. That means Mexico has made the semis for five consecutive years now. A feat similar to Peru a few years back. Talk about the patterns, before Peru won the crown in 2004 it had enjoyed three consecutive years in the top 15. Also, Philippines almost joined Peru that is by placing 4 consecutive years in the Miss World top 15. When Peru won the crown in 2004 I thought Julia would give the crown to the Philippines in 2005. Take note, Carlene was the top favorite among betting agencies and pageant fans all over the world. Does this mean that Julia might give the crown to Mexico or will she pass like what she did to Philippines? Let’s see.

I quite agree that this is one of the strongest batches the Miss World has given us. There seems to be a number of deserving contenders for the crown. It has been two weeks or so since the candidates have been in South Africa and we seem to witness consistent candidates; candidates who have shown great stance and consistent presentations in the fast tracks events. I only wish that those same ladies will be called in the top 15. It’s never new that some of the misses who are hits before the final night have been totally ignored in the coronation night. And, I do foresee that not only two or three ladies might fall to the Morley’s game of fate. To name a few I have Belgium in 2004, Switzerland in 2005, and Lithuania in 2007.

Who do I think stand out in this strong group of Miss World contenders? If we are to follow the continental queens’ format of the Miss World it will definitely give me a tough time to finally decide which country to be placed in the continental wheel of beauty. Well, Europe seems to be leading the pack here followed by the beauties from the Americas, then Asia and the Pacific, the Caribbean and lastly from the black continent- the Africa. Rest assured that the winner will come from Europe Marco has never been that close to predicting the Miss World winner for the past few years. Most of my predicted winners ended up runners-up to the actual winner in each year. Honestly it was only Nigeria in 2001 and Ireland in 2003 that I predicted correctly in my Miss World list of honors since 2000.
Before the contestants arrived to South Africa I had posted my early favorites with a corresponding spotlight for each lady. Some live up to my expectations while others really disappointed me much. I was rooting down for Ecuador before the arrival. Her pictures during her national pageant are quite impressive but she fails to live up to those wonderful photographs and shots that have been posted early this year. Miss Bahamas too turns out to be a not so strong contender for the continental queen title. I thought she would give Puerto Rico and Trinidad and Tobago a hard time. Again like Ecuador she fails to deliver. With Janina representing the Philippines before she relinquished her crown, I could not help but placed her in my top five list. Upon knowing that she would be replaced by Danielle Castano I was very happy then because Dani was my favorite during her Binibining Pilipinas Stint. After all, it’s a blessing in disguise. This girl has the spunk and charm of a beauty queen. Expect her to shine in the final night.

Note: During the time I wrote my initial review of continental favorites Ksenia was not yet proclaimed Russia’s Rep to Miss World. She became my instant favorite before Vera replaced her in the MU last July. I was even saddened by the news together with Turkey that both stunning lady would be replaced by someone else’s. I like the switching part especially for Russia since Vera was a favorite of mine too but not with Turkey. The woman who replaced Begum was so ordinary and didn’t even have a chance for a top 15 spots.
[/size]

Here is my review of the Miss World beauties that was posted a few months back:
MARCO’S MISS WORLD PICK FOR 2008

THE AMERICAS
ECUADOR VS VENEZUELA VS MEXICO
For this region I do see these three countries leading the way to be become Miss World Americas 2008. Ecuador seems to be getting more and more momentum from the rest of the ladies in her region. She is altogether ready and prepared for the incoming Miss World pageant in South Africa this December. I chose her over Mexico and Venezuela because of her natural beauty and captivating personality; furthermore, she too has the great form to boot. She is I say a very good contender for the beach beauty award. Venezuela is just within a close shot to the Miss World America title. It seems that Venezuela’s representative to Miss World this year is as quite strong as her predecessor who eventually went on to the semi-final round. Although, she has not been making waves like her greatest rival Miss Ecuador I have a feeling that she will shine in the final night. Finally, I don’t want Mexico to be left out from my list. This country has been enjoying its semi-final entry in the MW pageant lately. Two of whom almost won the coveted title recently. Well, this time, Julia may eventually give what is due to Mexico.

ASIA AND THE PACIFIC
PHILIPPINES VS INDIA VS CHINA
I am expecting a strong batch of Asia and the Pacific Region this year, but it seems it fails to live up to the glorious performances of the previous years. I do see only a few ladies from this region that are deserving of the Miss World Asia and the Pacific title. Let start with the Philippines. I chose her over India and China because of her vitality and freshness. Well, at 17 she already exudes so much charm and personality. I have a feeling that this lady will become a spoiler of the night. In 2005, it was deprived of its first MW crown though Carlene happened to be everybody’s favourite to win the crown. Maybe, this time Julia will give Philippines what is due to them. India to me is always fantastic as ever. But, there is something that she lacks in here. i think it’s the bubbling personality and freshness reminiscence of the past Miss World winners. Come what may this December Julia may bring back the qualities of the Miss World winners during the 90’s to the late nineties... qualities that India had mastered well... charm, eloquence, stance and rare beauty. As to China, I don’t see a back to back win for this year. With Europe going stronger each day I have come to think that the MW crown will be given to any one of them. China this time, may not repeat that victory but I do see a great personality and bearing in Yan Ling.

THE CARIBBEAN
THE BAHAMAS VS TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO VS DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Honestly, this the region that can pull a beautiful surprise in the final night. The first two countries seem to be very strong that even the strongest from the European contingent may have to make a hurdle to finally capture the ultimate crown. I am happy Bahamas is represented by a stunning black beauty whose personality and style are far more superior. I do see a repeat performance of the 2004 by Claudia of the Dominican Rep. Does this mean that if the Bahamas wins 2nd over-all, Ecuador will be the winner? Well, it may happen this year. Tinnyse is much better than the representatives of the Bahamas in the previous years, and years before them. However, she should not take everything so easily because Gab is just so close to ruining that ultimate goal for the Bahama’s MW crown. It seems that TNT has also prepared well for this prestigious pageant. With its fantastic showing last year TNT this time will not make that opportunity slips for the second time. The third country I want to see in the top 15 is the beautiful Dominican Rep. She simply catches my attention because she has an aura of a possible Miss World titleholder. But Gab and Tinnyse are there to spoil the show and she becomes to me a back up lady in case the two are out of the scene.

EUROPE
UKRAINE VS SPAIN VS SLOVAK REPUBLIC
I have hard time coming with my top three list for this region. If only I am allowed to add seven more I would willingly do that in earnest. Why the three? Ukraine happens to be a perfect Miss World to me. She is daring, ravishing and gorgeous. Spain too is just so close to those qualities mentioned earlier and not to leave out Miss Slovak Republic. I won’t be surprised at all if any one of them brings home the Miss World crown. These three are far more superior than their predecessors, which make me think that Europe is indeed taking this pageant seriously from year after year. No doubt about it because most of the Miss World titleholders are coming from this region.

AFRICA
NAMIBIA VS NIGERIA VS SOUTH AFRICA

This is the not so strongest region for this year’s Miss World pageant. Although the pageant will be held in SA Tanssey is not likely to win the crown in her hometown. I was quite disappointed with her body during the swimsuit segment in the Miss Universe Pageant last July. She may have a striking facial feature but to capture the ultimate crown is a big NO for her. Nigeria too is not that stunning as the other black contenders for the crown. Well, she may give us a surprise in the top 15, but I don’t see her penetrating in the top 6 finalists. Why I chose Namibia over the two? She is undeniably charming and a potential Miss World winner. The pictures say it all for Marelize... beauty, charm and personality.
Top 15 List

THE CONTINENTAL QUEENS IN ORDER
1. UKRAINE
2. THE BAHAMAS
3. ECUADOR
4. NAMIBIA
5. PHILIPPINES

THE REMAINING TEN IN ORDER
6. SPAIN
7. TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
8. SLOVAK REPUBLIC
9. VENEZUELA
10. MEXICO
11. INDIA
12. NIGERIA
13. CHINA
14. SOUTH AFRICA
15. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

[size=150]Now, I am giving you my final list for the Miss World 2008

EUROPE
RUSSIA VS SPAIN VS UKRAINE
I have to leave out Slovak Republic this time to give way to the ever beautiful Ksenia. I am 70% sure that any of these three ladies might end up wearing the precious crown. Russia and Spain are sure top fifteen placers but I am afraid that my beautiful Ukraine might be left out in the final night. She has been ignored recently in the fast track events. But thanks to the talent event everything seems to place in its order again. Spain is just gorgeous and I have a feeling that she will pull an upset for Russia in the final night. If one of them will not make the cut (well, Russia is a sure top 15 placer) then I will be highly disappointed. Czech Rep, Slovak and Norway are misses not to be missed out too. All three of them are equally stunning and have better chances in the MW top 15.

AMERICAS
MEXICO VS VENEZUELA VS USA

Mexico and Venezuela are sure top 15 semi-finalists. But I am still uncertain whether USA will be up there. I think from this region some ladies may give a beautiful surprise come final night. Paraguay, Brazil and Peru are dark horses from this region. Who knows anyone of them might snatch the title from the big favourites like Mexico and Venezuela.

ASIA AND THE PACIFIC
PHILIPPINES VS INDIA CS KOREA
Korea intrigued me much. She is lovely and graceful so I am giving her a spot that is due to that lovely face and great attitude. India may have placed higher in the fast track events like the Beach Beauty and Top Model compared to the rest of the ladies in this region; however, I come to favour Danielle more than her. Philippines has the spark and charm of a Miss World. I think Parvathy will be deemed Dani’s greatest rival in the continental queen for Asia and the Pacific. Thailand and Malaysia are also beautiful and exotic looking. So watch for them too!

AFRICA
South Afriva VS Namibia

It’s very evident that the former will ace the competition for the continental queen title, and if she ever wins I won’t be surprised at all since Tansey is one heck of a stunning lady. By the way, she is also one of my favourites in the Miss Universe pageant last July. She is a beauty. I just love her. Namibia will definitely be in my list but I am not sure if she will be given a spot in the top 15. Well, Angola and Nigeria are also my top favourites for this region. I am not sure about Nigeria but Angola might pull a surprise here.

The CARIBBEAN
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO VS PUERTO RICO
I have to exclude Dominican Rep in the list since I found her not that striking anymore. She seems to appear unnatural in some of her pictures, but I am still hoping for this girl to shine. With Puerto Rico and Trinidad and Tobago on the lead and on equal footing Dominican Rep will have hard time overcoming such hurdle. Puerto Rico is just so lovely and phenomenal and Trinidad and Tobago is a Miss that could hardly be ignored. I do see these two ladies in the final fifteen.

My top 15

Winner- RUSSIA
1ST RUNNER-UP- MEXICO
2ND RUNNER-UP- PHILIPPINES

TOP FIVE
4TH- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
5TH- SOUTH AFRICA

TOP 15
6. SPAIN
7. UKRAINE
8. INDIA
9. VENEZUELA
10. CZECH REPRUBLIC
11. KOREA
12. PUERTO RICO
13. USA
14. ANGOLA
15. PARAGUAY

ALTERNATES: NAMIBIA, BRAZIL, THAILAND, BELGIUM, AND SLOVAK REP

As a finale the fates of these ladies are in Julia’s hands. She can make or break them since its her decision that count the most. To the other ladies that have not been mentioned in my article come what may and expect for surprises in the final night. This happens all the time who knows you might be the one. Just enjoy your stay in South Africa and may the best lady win!

As always from Marco with LOVE! See you in Miss Universe 2009. Pictures and additional thoughts to be posted soon!

[/size]

Admin
Admin

https://pageant-maniabox.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down